Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reflections of Christ

Tonight we had a fireside with Mark Mabry, the guy who created the whole Reflections of Christ idea and the man who made it happen. He is an AMAZING guy. I dont know how else to put it. I have not felt the spirit so strong as I did tonight. He was so sincere and so humble about this whole project and we watched the video about the process and then watched the final product and he brought a few of the pictures and it was just honestly so amazing. I honestly dont know how to put in words the feeling of tonight and listening to him speak, I wish I could and I wish everyone could have been there because its just so inspiring. Here is the link for the Reflections of Christ. Watch it if you havent seen it or just watch it over even if you have. Its so good.
http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.html
Just play around with it and if the video isn't here then find it. It has really made me want to be a better person. I looked back on my life over the past few months and im pretty disapointed in how its turned out. I haven't really done anything productive with myself, I havent done anything to bless or help the lives of the people around me. I've just kind of existed. And im honestly really disapointed in myself. I need to serve more and I need to be a better person. Who I am right now is not who I want to be. I think about how many times Ive chosen to read Twilight over the scriptures or how many times Ive gone to bed without praying thinking ill just do it in the morning, and I know that odds are im not gonna pray in the morning. I so badly want a closer relationship with Christ yet im not doing anything about it! Whats wrong with me, its so simple I know exactly what to do yet its so hard for me to do it! WHY IS IT SO HARD?! I dont know but what I do know is that from tonight on Im going to read my scriptures and pray daily to gain that closer relationship, im going to write in my journal pay my tithing and attend all church meetings regularly. I need to be doing this anyways right! So like I said, from here on out, ITS ON!!
I also went to Globe today. I really like that little town, it has a neat structure. I went down for Zach's farewell. He's going to Chiuahua Mexico...just sound it out... But Missy slept in today causing us to miss his whole talk. We got there right in time for the end of the other speaker. But still it was so good getting to see him and some other old friends before he and they left. Its so weird to think that if I was a guy i'd be getting ready to leave also. And its crazy that all the guys my age are leaving right now! I remember always talking about how weird it was gonna be when Shane and Jonathan left thinking it was so far away, but Jonathons been out for over 6 months and Shane is leaving in 2 months!! I dont even know. Just weird. I was listening to some Colbie Calliat today and I listened to her song "Older". Story of my life, and im sure everyone else's as well. But really its a good song and I think everyone should listen to it. Its my life's soundtrack.

Im adjusting well to the TM. I kinda dig it in a weird way. Im growing attached to this piece of crap. Everyone should come visit its glory. Im also adjusting to school. This semester is going to be top notch but at the same time crazy as heck! 3 of my 4 classes are 3 hours long!! Its so insane but I really like my teachers and im diggin the subjects so I think ill be ok. Trevor Shoemaker my old seminary teacher and my new next door neighbor is in my Anatomy Physiology class with me and were putting together a study group for our class, it should be fun I really like that class alot.And it'll be nice having him in my group because his brother took that class last semester and so we have all the notes and homework to help us!! I enjoyed that class alot in High School and its nice to kinda have an idea of what the teacher is talking about :]
Other than that not a whole lot is going on in life. Im just kinda taking it day by day.

1 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, Dani. You are so awesome. Family scriptures have not been happening, cause i'm lazy. Well you've woken me up and it's on tomorrow...Just what i need to hear. And i so love his pictures. We took the Laurels up for an overnight trip and we went and saw them, made me cry. Yeah, I know I always cry. Say your prayers and really listen and things will work out. Love ya