Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trip(s) To The Er

My failed attempt at showing everyone my nursing scrubs :] haha
Well the week has picked up a little and was not so bad afterall. Im glad to report I did NOT have my emotional breakdown as planned, although I do think it might have done me some good. Anyways. Last night I was so adamint (sp?) about getting to bed before midnight because I knew that I was going to have my nursing clinicals ALL DAY today. So my plan was to hang out with our friend Alecc whose visting for a while and then go home at a reasonable hour. Im proud to say I did practise self control and I was home at 10 pm. I think its an all time record for me. I dont even know what we were doing but everyone was planning on going to a dance party, and as much as I looove to dance *cough cough* I dragged my grumpy butt home. When I got home however I couldnt sleep so I was just lurking people on the internet when I hear Lacey come home. This was right about the time that I got bored and I was a little excited with the idea of wearing scrubs today, so like a little kid I had them on and I was thinking about how legit I looked. But I hear Lacey digging around in the kitchen so I go out in my scrubs and asked what she was doing and she was like "I think Johnny broke his elbow!" So I went outside to check him out when he started laughing a little, it dawned on me how dumb I must look wearing my scrubs at 10:30 pm. He was like hey your a nurse can you tell me if its broke. Then I had to proceed to tell him how un-legit I am, and that im not a nurse. I asked him some questions pretending like I knew what I was doing, and my assumption came back negative on a break but their was definantly some damage done. So I follow Lacey and him to the ER and get him all checked out. It was pretty uneventful for the 3 hours we were there. So what do you do in the waiting room do you ask?....Take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. We gained a few friends and had a photoshoot :]



The man of the hour. I was right, he only popped a fat pocket or something. haha
Well...I took a slight break from this to go hang out last night. I dont remember if I ever told anyone about the monster house guys? We would play monster pong at their house all the time, but anyways we started hanging out with them again and we all wanted to do something last night. We went to the football game, and after decided to go do something. These boys are CRAZY! But their so fun. So we decided to make a big slip n slide and go play on it at a hill at the school. BAD IDEA. I dont remember any of it. I remember hitting my head only because my head hurt so bad. The last thing I remember is walking into the ER and I was so mad because I didnt have shoes and I felt so white trash. I faintly remember answering a question about what the date was and I couldnt remember that. I knew it was Sept. Thats it. I dont remember walking to the room, I dont remember driving to the hospital, I dont remember anyone coming to the slip n slide or anyone who was there. I dont even remember not remembering. This is what Ive been told haha....
I hit my head going down the slip n slide and apparently I went down it 3 more times. My head hurt so bad and I was just sitting on the side. This girl wanted Lacey to take some pictures of everyone so Lacey asked me to go down to the bottom of the hill with her. So I went down the hill and I wasnt saying anything and I told Lacey that I couldnt remember anything and something was wrong. Lacey didnt believe me at first and she said that I said "Lacey I swear to God I dont remember anything, Something is wrong!" And I got teary eyed so she knew it was bad. Missy and Jackie came down and asked what was going on and I freaked out on Missy and was just like dont make a big deal about it, and I kept telling her not to tell anyone haha. I just told them Im losing my memory and I didnt know what was happening. I didnt remember anyone coming to the hill it was just scary. So Lacey took me to the hospital and she said I asked her the same question 14 times. She said it got to the point where she stopped answering. So we get there I get into a room and we wait. Lacey called Jono and Joseph and Trent to come and give me a blessing. I had just met Joseph that night and he was the first one to get there and when he walked into the room I couldnt remember his name. It freaked me out, im so good with names!! Anyways the doc just told me I had a concussion and to go home. I was like uh thanks. But the boys came back over to keep me up and they gave me a blessing. It was fun and im so grateful for them and that they came and hung out in the hospital with us for round 2!! haha. But really I lost my memory of a few hours and its so scary and weird. I couldnt imagine what it would be like to lose days and months or memory. But anyways, im ok haha. My neck hurts and I have a headache. I think i'll live though, no more slip in slides for me :]

2 comments:

Kim said...

Danni...this is your mother...do you remember talking to me from the ER??? My name is Kim...do you remember where your home is??? What is your address??? hahaha I'm glad that you're OK too! It was scary getting a midnight call from the hospital, don't do that to me again! Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

um ok this is your brother, Justin, the older one.. You love me ?? ok ok just figured I'd tell you you spelled practice rong haha you spelled it practise,which is close but no c-gar. and yes, I spelled wrong, wrong, on purpose. I love you hope you get your memory back, hope you got my blood, and I hope you got some shoes and underwear in the car for next time, were you even wearing underwear ?? your sick.. I love you but your still sick...and memory-less.. but
I do love you and Im glad your ok..
one love, Bub