Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Overall Grade: D-

We'll start this one back about a year and a half ago right before I leave for college. My dad is Mr. Safety with everything! Everything is locked turned off and anything else you can do to ensure safety. Its about a million degrees outside and Dad tells me its time that I learn how to change a tire. First thing he tells me "Danni get some shoes on were changing your tire." "Dad its freakin hot outside and I dont wear shoes." "Do you think that your only going to get a flat in the dark, your going to be wishing you had shoes on when your getting burned on the side of the highway." "Ah whatever. I'll just have someone else change it." So I go get ready come outside and dads got everything put out on the driveway. He gets down and shows me how to take off the hubcap, then shows me how to losen the bolts in the star shape before I jack the truck up. We proceed to jack it up and get the tire off and all along im standing there burning up while he's asking, "did you see what I just did? Would you be able to find that?, Do you know where to put that?" And of course im like "yup, saw that dad, oh I could do that easy." Anyways after he shows me what to do he goes in the garage gets a chair and says "your turn". I was like what are you kidding me. So I start doing everything, he's still telling me what I need to do, I obviously didnt learn a thing. About 6 hours later I get done and Im like Im not worried I'll never have to do that!
Back to yesterday. Im on my way to Sierra Vista as im doing my moms run. Im driving down the highway and I go to pass this truck thats going slow so I go to the left lane. As I attempt to pass him he speeds up. Were going a little over 80 mph and as I look behind me I see the grandma and grandpa I passed a while ago who were going no faster than 50 mph impatiently swerving behind me and then the truck I was attempting to pass. He seemed aggitated by our litte "mexican road block" we had going on. Grandpa couldnt calm down enough for me to slow down to get back over so as soon as he got back behind me, I quickly slowed down and got right back behind the truck. As the sweet old couple pass me grandma looks at me and flips me off. "Merry Christmas to you too old hag!" Im pretty sure I said something "along those lines" right back to her. But as I look forward again A piece of metal had fallen off the truck and I was aimed right towards it. Before I could do anything I hit it dead on with my front tire! I yelled out a "sshhhiiiiioooooot" or something like that and pulled off immediatly. I knew right away I was screwed. I tried calling my dad but he didnt answer so I called my mom and first words out of her mouth are " You know your dads going to give you so much crap about this right?" Thanks mom. Anywho I waited for about 45 min to an hour waiting for my dad to come while in the meantime almost getting hit by some crazy mexican driving down the shoulder of the highway going like 60 mph. But my dad comes and we drive down the shoulder for a while till we get to the exit and get to gas city. Dad changes my tire in his dress clothes after I offer to do it. After its all done he's looking at me and was like "Im pretty sure you failed the test." "1. You couldnt have changed your tire without me. *true. 2. The flashlight you brought me was dead. The whites of my eyes were brighter than that! *true again. 3. Your wearing flip flops. I can see you running away from the creep that tries to help you. At least you can kick back in shoes. *true. 4. The one thing you did good at was pulling off far enough and not going after the hubcap. (The hubcap literally flew through the air after we hit.) So your overall grade is a D-.
On a funny note...My dad also got a flat tire that day after work. He sure is a trooper! 1 new tire and 1 new rim later were ready to do it again.


"LeRoy" My hero :]

2 comments:

Misty said...

You are truly amazing...What a great dad! No worries here, I would have gotten an F-

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

I have never laughed so hard... until i read the next post! Sis. S