Tuesday, January 4, 2011

happy new year

I've been waiting in a big smelly room with a hundred other people for 2 hours now, praying that they call my name and tell me I can go home. Funny since I've been waiting 3 years to get jury duty. Sad reality...jury duty blows.
I guess I should do a little update since my blog is "boring". Ahem...
I am forever done at EA. The slut hut no longer exists and all us girls have moved on. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry. I cried when I said goodbye to Jack in our tiny little room. And like a looser I cried when I drove out of town. It was heartbreaking. But I'm glad that I left when I did.
I think Thatcher will always have a tender spot in my heart. I grew into the person I've become there. I've experienced laughter and heartache and everything in between. I've met so many people and experienced so many things. I don't know if I would have gotten so much out of anywhere else. It was so perfect for me in that part of my life.
I feel like part of the heartache that came as I was preparing to leave was knowing I was moving back to Tucson. I love my family and I really don't mind being home. But I just don't like Tucson. I think part of it is the fact that I'm gonna have to extend myself more than I have in the last 3 years and make new friends. That's semi hard for me since I'm not terribly outgoing. Blah blah blah ill live. If making friends is my major crisis I think I'm doing alright. Eh scratch that, I need a job. That's definitely at the top of my list. But none the less I'm doing alright.
Christmas was good this year. One of my gifts was tickets to wicked which I was stoked for. I've been wanting to see it for a long time! New Years this year was pretty much the same as all my other years. Not to thrilling. Jack came for a visit. I've been talking about the institute in tucson forever, trying to paint a picture for my friends. So since jack was here we decided to go crazy and stop by the new years eve dance... In the words of whitney I wanted to..." Go home, slick my hair back, get in the shower and end myself!!!!" Hahaha it was just horrible. The most positive thing that came out of it were the real oreos they had. After that we finished the night out at mistys. All in all it was a good night. No complaints.
Well until next time. Pray my name is called soon :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm totally jealous that you lived in the slut hut. Also kinda jealous that you got jury duty, just because it's a cool thing to be able to say about yourself. I think maybe the solution to getting out of jury duty is telling them you lived in the slut hut. Just a suggestion.
(PS your blog is cute!)

Jackie Lyn said...

YYYEEESSS!!!! you blogged. Bravo, and you name dropped double bravo. make blogging once a week and new years resolution of yours:)