Thursday, July 15, 2010

Do you remember??

Meet Joey Elkins. He's funny, he's sassy, and extremely good looking!!!!! <-- his words. Me and Joey have been pen pals since high school and coincidentally I ended up going to school in Thatcher where Joey just happened to live. Shortly after I moved into the slut hut me and Joey became friends. Who would have thought that after years of writing each other we'd be friends in real life? Neat I know.
Joey is a man of many talents. Here are just a few to get a little taste of him.
- He's an excellent singer.
- He's funny.
- He's super smart.
- He can do a backflip.
- He's classy
- And he played tennis in high school.
Joey and Blaine were the sources of mine and jackie's nicknames. One of the first times we hung out, Joey was probably asking what the best thing about him was and I faintly remember telling him he had a good aura. My nickname... Hora. I never thought it would stick but it did. Jackie's nickname... Mehoph. dont ask. Him and his bf were also the masterminds of our dear house "the slut hut".

Joey's bf happens to be Blaine Taylor. Together they are hilarious. They match constantly and are always fighting over who has the better body, or whose funnier, who gets more girls etc etc. The semester truly wouldnt have been as fun without these two. I feel like everywhere we would go we would sing songs. When I hung out with them for the first time we went riding around in Blaine's jeep and we sang "do you remember" by Jay Sean. And now everytime I hear it I always think of them. One of my favorites though is the "We Are The World" song. I take JB and all the girl parts and Joey and Blaine split up the rest. Joey happens to sing exactly like Sean Paul. He is really good at it. I have a video of it and one day Ill try to get it up. Joey and Blaine
But switching back to girls, Joey sure has a way with the ladies. A nice girl from his high school asked him to prom this past year. I dont think he was ever really friends with her, but he decided to go anyways. I dont think Joey will ever know how much that probably meant to her, im sure it made her year!
Joey and his date
As sweet as he is the boy never stops joking. The first FHE of the semester Joey and Blaine watched Jackie as she got a plate full of sausage for some other friends of ours. Ever since then it has been a never ending joke of how much Jackie likes sausage. Jackie turned 21 last week. Joeys present... a package of sausage.
Joey recently got his mission call. There was a slight mix up with his papers. 2 calls. 1 to Washington and 1 to Peru. After talking with the other Joseph Elkins he found out he was going to Peru. Im seriously so excited for him to go and I know he will be an awesome missionary. Him and Blaine both report the same day, September 1, 2010. How appropriate I know.

0 comments: